NSS is one of the most important part of Govt. Degree College Kamalpur. It encourages being responsive to call of the society,to be sensitive to the issues of the nations.The College NSS Cell undergone the following extension activities to ensure social justice and empower students. In this unit 80(eighty) no. of volunteers do enrol in every years. The programmes are funded from grants released from the Department of Youth affairs and Sports,Government of India. The regular activities and annual special camp are being organized by the NSS unit wherein they learn to take up social responsibilities and become responsible citizen of the country.
Mr. Suman Mandal
- April,2015 Cleaning of college Auditorium and class rooms.
- May, 2015 Gardening and watering in the college garden.
- 5th June 2015 “World Environment Day” was observed by NSS unit of the College. Deliverd A speech on Environmental problem and solution among the students.
- 21st June,2015 NSS unit of the College celebrated Yoga Day. All students and faculty members of the College participated in the program and discussed the Significance of the day.
- 21st July 2015 “Banamahatsav” the annual tree plantation program was observed. Significance of forest and need for plantation was discussed and 35 nos. of saplings were planted by students and teachers in the College premises.
- 12th Aug. 2015 NSS unit of the College observed International Youth Day and significance of the day discussed.
- 15th August,2015 NSS unit observed Independence day Celebration of India at the College campus. The National flag was hoisted. National anthem was sung and significance of the day discussed.
- 24th Sept. 2015 NSS unit of the College celebrated 24th September as NSS foundation day. Missions and vision of NSS was discussed in a program.
- 26th Sept. 2015 College Foundation Day was celebrated by NSS unit of the College.
- 1st Decm. 2014 World Aids Day was observed by NSS unit of the College and Dr. of Kamalpur BSM Hospital discussed about this degasses.
- 3rd Decm. 2015 NSS unit of the College celebrated the day of World Disabled Day and give teach to all the students to do for the disabled people.
- 7th Decm,2015 Armed Flag day was observed. NSS volunteers collected funds from students and teachers for welfare of the ex-army personals. Rupees 500 was collectedand given to the state Sainik Board.
- 12th January 2016 NSS unit of the College observed National Youth Day on the birth day of Swami Vivekananda. All students and faculty members of the College participated in the program. Significance of the day and life and work of Swami Vivekananda was discussed by the Principal, faculty members and students.
- 23rd Janury,2016 NSS unit of the College celebrated the day as Birth anniversary of Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose. The national flag was hosted, floral tribute to the national hero was given, life and work of Netaji was discussed. NSS unit also ettand in the ralley organized by SDM of kamalpur.
- 26th Janury,2016 NSS unit of the College observed the 64th Republic day. The principal Dr. Dilip Sarkar hoisted the National flag at 7.00 am. National anthem was sung and significance of the day discussed.
- 21st Feb.,2016 NSS unit of the College organized International Language Day with a valuable discuss and a cultural programme.
- 2nd March 2016 to 9th March 2016: A 7(seven) days NSS special camp was held in the College premises. The camp inaugurated by Sri Anjan Das MLA of Tripura Legislative Assembly and presided by the principal. The camp started with a Swatch Bharat Abhijan. During the camping days cleaning on markets garding watering, sweeping, surveys in the village and social works was held by the participants in morning session in the College campus and outside the campus. In the afternoon sessions efficient resource persons were invited to deliver lectures on diverse topics like Street Accident, Earth Quack, importance of Yoga, debate & quiz competation, cricket match, prize distribution, books and pens distribution among the poor child’s etc. was held in the camp. A health camp was organized in the Tanglapara village
The college also has a Red Ribbon Club that works under the NSS unit in collaboration with the Tripura State Aids Control Society. The objectives of this club is to create awareness among the youths in particular and the masses in general about HIV-AIDS disease and to prevent it from spreading.
Copyright © 2015 - All Rights Reserved - Govt. Degree College, Kamalpur